on the needles

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Happy Birthday Lukie

For those of you who don't know him yet, Luca is an Italian Greyhound who is my faithful knitting companion.



He is a second hand dog that I saw advertised in the paper. I sent my husband to pick him up to so the first time I met Lukie was in the hallway. He came right over and sat in my lap and I was just astonished at how beautiful he was. He was only three months old. It was love at first sight.

Luca turned one year old on April 19th. Happy Birthday Lukie!!



So happy birthday Lukie. Thanks for knowing everything about me without having to be told. Thanks for knowing that I like soft small doggie kisses and not big wet ones! Thanks for knowing how to always stay right beside me without ever getting underfoot. Thanks for never getting carsick on our rides together. Thanks for all of your funny little habits that make me laugh and never annoy me. Thanks for accepting treats with gentle grace and never getting spoiled or greedy. Thanks for letting me dress you up as a dragon for Halloween and not complaining even though I knew you hated the spiky hat.



Thanks for knowing just where to sit on the couch to maximize snuggles and minimize knitting interference. Most of all thank you for loving me just as much as I love you!



Looking forward to many more years together!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home