on the needles

Monday, October 27, 2008

Woven Ribbons Quilt # 2



This one is for my nephew. His room is shades of purple and yellows and has a jungle theme. Oddly enough I didn't know this information when I chose these colors and prints for the quilt. Serendipity!



The quilt is twin bed sized so this represents half of the top & before the borders are added. I'm not sure yet if I will attempt to actually quilt this one myself or if I am going to send it off to be finished by "the quilt lady". We'll see how ambitious I feel once I'm finished with the piecing.



I'm really pleased with this quilt so far! And I'm nearly finished. I'll probably have the borders on before this gets posted....

Next I'm going to add the borders to the Kaleidoscope Quilt.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! it looks great in person. The prints are awesome.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mallow said...

That's pretty!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

What a great quilt! You really have an artistic eye. And you work so quickly!!!

How are the parrots doing?

2:01 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous! Lucky nephew.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful ribbon quilt! Have fun finishing the kaleidoscope quilt.
Millie

10:56 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is so pretty! Hmm... makes me want to learn to quilt.
~*~

11:14 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a beautiful quilt top!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Patty R said...

Did you use a pattern for this quilt?

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home