on the needles

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hubby's Kaleidoscope Quilt

I thought you guys might like to see what Hubby's kaleidoscope quilt looks like.



He chose an Asian themed print that was more dynamic than mine. There was more going on in terms of shapes, directionality and less background. I think it makes for a more varied quilt. The blocks are all a big surprise! Plus the print turns out to be sort of an I-Spy game when you cut it up and refashion it like this.



You can see the koi fish in both of these blocks but the slightly different positioning of the cutting makes a totally different looking block.



I think my quilt looks nice but I wasn't super in love with it so that's why I decided to stop at baby/wall hanging size. Hubby loves his project so much that he has decided to make a king sized quilt! We went and picked out two more Asian themed fabrics and Hubby has just gone right on making blocks. He thinks he needs somewhere around 82 and is about a third of the way done right now.

Is it crazy to make a king sized quilt as your second ever quilt? I don't think so. It's just more of the same, cutting and sewing. The hard part will be actually quilting a quilt that size. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Shhh... I like yours better.

12:09 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow - it is so beautiful! You are both so talented.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh my! That is gorgeous!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Mallow said...

mrspao beat me to it... the two of you are VERY talented!!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home