on the needles

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hermelinda Housing Photos

I'd like to share these photos I received from Children International of Hermelinda's family and their home in Guatemala. Hermelinda is the little thing in the light purple skirt. Isn't she just so tiny? I always think of her as "little Hermelinda".

Hermelinda's older sister Yessica, 7 (standing next to her in the first photo) and her brother Victor 11, (in the black shirt) both have sponsors. Hermelinda's younger sisters Dulce, 3 (being held by Victor) and Marlyn, 1 (held by Hermelinda's mother) both need sponsors. If you think you could sponsor either of them please email me and I will help you set it up. The girls are probably not listed on CI's site.



I think that Hermelinda's housing is probably typical for the area she lives in. It's difficult for me to think of a child I care about (or any child for that matter!) living in such conditions. I know it could be worse of course, (unfortunately there is always something worse) but I also know it could be much much better!



Since Hermelinda's family felt unable to start an income generating project they asked instead for some money to cover the expenses for some special needs. They asked for $251.41 to buy a bed and bed clothes, a set of drawers, and several items of clothing for the children. I'm hoping that by the end of next month I will be able to send the family this donation.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather M said...

Vistor is 11! They are all so small and cuddly! It looks like mom has her hands full. It is nice to have a sponsor that is willing to provide the things that she can not. I am sure that takes a weight off her shoulders!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home