on the needles

Monday, October 20, 2008

Woven Ribbons Quilt - Finished!

I finished my first quilt! Squeee!

It very very simplistic in terms of the quilting (probably the quilting equivalent of a garter stitch scarf) - but I love it just the same. :) We all have to start somewhere and I'm pretty happy with the start I've made - mainly because I really love all the fabrics I chose.

Woven Ribbons Quilt 10-19-08

The dark green is the one I fell in love with - but of course the store only had a small amount. :( I was determined to use it though so I chose the rest of my colors with the dark green in mind and trying to make it stand out a bit.

I also got to use one of my other favorites for the backing. Here's a picture with the corner folded back so you can see it.

Woven Ribbons Quilt 10-19-08

I love it! It looks so Missoni to me. Since Missoni is famous for their knitwear it's probably no surprise that I'm drawn to that style.(Also - hello! child of the seventies. You couldn't escape from Missoni in the 70's. One of the few 70's trends I wish would come back!)

Woven Ribbons Quilt 10-19-08

Anyhow...here's the quilt on the kitchen table. It actually turned out to be more substantial than I thought. Plenty of room to snuggle under whilst watching tv. Quilting it was sort of more like wrestling than sewing though. Total workout. I may want to send anything bigger out to be quilted by a professional in the future. or win the lottery so I can buy a long arm quilting machine (and a big house to put it in.) :)

So here you go, my first quilt. Yay!




PS - I've lost 15 pounds so far! Also - still making crochet squares. I'll probably be making crochet squares next month too. At this rate I just want to finish them before next year. :)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Excellent work.

9:01 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Looks wonderful :)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Love the color combination! And congrats on the weight loss. :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's beautiful! Really beautiful! I have been thinking about getting back to finishing my fist one I started months ago. My quilting will be simple too. Simple is good when you are new at something. :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Roseanne said...

I love your quilt .Keep up the good work .
Good on you for your weight loss.I have lost some weight to .I have lost 3kg so fare . By the way come over and look at my blog .

5:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Good for you! Looks wonderful.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mallow said...

It is VERY nice! The reverse is really a great contrast to the front.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love it! And congrats on the weight loss!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home