on the needles

Monday, July 10, 2006

Log Cabin Goodness!

My first Log Cabin Blanket! And you all thought I had forgotten how to knit. ;)



This isn't the best photo - garter stitch always seems to mess with my camera, as if it doesn't really know what to focus on - but I figured if I didn't post any knitting photos soon I would have a mass exodus of blog readers on my hands. :)

I'm still trying to decide if I should crochet a single line of border. If I did I think I would use the dark wine color or maybe the lightest bluish one - the one that isn't on any of the edge strips. What do you guys think? Border or no?

The Stats:
The Pattern: Moderne Baby Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting
The Yarn: Elann Endless Summer Collection Sonata
2 skeins of 2138 Mauve (color A)
3 skeins of 6399 Lilac (color B)
4 skeins of 6319 Soft Periwinkle (color C)
3 skeins of 6960 Victorian Grape (color D)
The Needles: Addi Turbo Circs #5 47"
I didn't need needles that long until the last strip of the blanket though. 32" might have worked.

What I learned: I LOVE LOG CABIN BLANKETS!!! The possibilities are endless as will be the number of Log Cabin blankets you will be seeing on this blog. :) Ever since I started this blanket I have been envisioning others - different colors, different blocks, different materials. I could hardly wait to finish this one so I could get on to the next one.

I based the color scheme of this blanket on my daughter's favorite toy. This morning when I told her it was finished she grabbed it and loved on it saying "Blankie, blankie!". I have some adorable photos of that. :)

My time on this from start to finish was about two weeks. I've already started another one in a different style and color scheme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home