on the needles

Friday, December 09, 2005

Knitting News (creative title eh?)

Thanks for all of the nice comments on the new look. :) Krista asked if the background was a Clapotis. Yes it is! It is the orange one that I knitted for my sister earlier this year. I just photoshopped until I got a color I liked better for the blog which ironically turned out to be the color of yarn that I had bought to make a Clapotis for myself - so go figure. :) Grace pointed out that some of the links to the finished objects are broken, (Thanks!) I think this happened when I cleaned out my photos from one server and switched over to another. I will work on fixing those over the weekend.

Still haven't taken photos of the scarves & the spiral shell I posted about a few days ago. But I did CAST OFF the Leaf Lace Shawl!!! I can't believe the thing is actually off the needles at last. My first shawl *beam*. It seems fairly large - which makes sense because I opted to knit the larger version (although I thought it was getting big enough so I left off the last pattern repeat). I hope it doesn't get too much bigger in the blocking process. I'm still figuring out how I am going to block it since I don't really have a big carpet to pin it out on.

I also finished another hat and I'm adding some ribbing onto the Fair Isle hairband I made for my daughter. That's my solution to keeping the edges from curling.

So I'm not too lazy to take photos - just too busy knitting. :)

I also finished reading Persuasion. Doing NaNoWriMo has me looking at novels in a whole new way so all through Persuasion I was thinking...someone needs to tell this story from Captain Wentworth's point of view....hmmmmm...... :) Call me crazy!

To make up for the lack of FO photos I will share this one that was submitted by a KTC member for our classic knitting photos contest. Two little Dutch girls knitting - check out the wooden shoes. :)



I love these old photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home