on the needles

Friday, June 05, 2009

Hexagon Blanket for Ana's Project

As promised - here is the blanket I will be giving away for Ana's Project over at Aura's House.



Ana's Income Generating Project is going very well - slowly but surely getting there!



I've been told that Aura's House is exploring the idea of beginning buying some of the tools Ana's father Luis will need for his workshop rather than waiting for all of the money to come in. I'll let you know if that happens.



In the meantime - about the blanket...



I used hand dyed sock weight yarn from various Etsy artists. The subtle variations in the colors are really beautiful. I especially like the grey because it has so much depth.



And the "green" is also brown, blue and bits of other colors as well.



I had fun crocheting this. I had never tried hexagons before. And the bobbles were new to me too. I like the texture they add.



The blanket is a comfy lap size - perfect for TV watching and otherwise lazing about on the couch. :)



The giveaway will work just like the one I did for Nyslin's Project. Every donation up to $5 gets it's own number. When Ana's Project is fully funded I will have a random number generator choose the winning number.

Good luck!! And thank you again to everyone who has so generously helped my sponsor children. Check back again soon as I have some beautiful new photos of Ana to post!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

Cute! and the blanket is too. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lovely blanket!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I love that you are combining crafts with charity! :)

Also, I just wanted to let you know I donated $5.00 to your three kids on aura's house just now... though maybe I should have donated $15 to Joey since he's so close... ahh! Haha.

-Robyn

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a beautiful blanket and wonderful cause.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home