on the needles

Friday, April 20, 2007

Minerva

Minerva is my ideal of a female Lady Gouldian Finch. Her body type is substantial without being too big. She is nice and healthily round looking. Her colors are super saturated and well defined. Plus she has a wonderful personality. She is quite like her son, Harry Potter. Both are curious and calm. You can see the intelligence in their eyes.

This series of pictures is typical Minerva. First she came closer, curious about what I was doing.



Then she gave me her curious look.



Then she hopped into the dish of oyster grit - just to make sure I knew it was hers.



It's that combination of boldness and stability that I think makes Minerva such a wonderful mama bird - and such a joy to watch!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home