on the needles

Saturday, May 27, 2006

We have babies!!!

As of right now - two of the eggs have successfully hatched. I only got a quick look at the babies because I didn't want to disturb the parents too much but they look good so far. The other egg will probably hatch later today as well so I will check again in the morning when I hope to also see that the parents have been feeding the babies. Cross your fingers for full crops!

The bad news is that there doesn't seem to be any further activity in the other nest. But Sirius is doing his studly dance to Rowena quite often so I think if I can get the Society Finches into another cage and free up the second nest they will probably hop right in and use it.

Hope everyone else is having a happy weekend too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home