on the needles

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Playoff knitting...

Getting some knitting done whilst watching the baseball playoffs. My pick for the winner of the World Series is the Cardinals. I hope my mojo holds! But I have faith in Davy & the crew. :)

Hurricane is all seamed up. I did it - I did it! So tedious & a bit difficult because it was reverse stockingette which was a bit more difficult to see I think. But I fumbled my way through & it looks reasonably good. Same with picking up and knitting for the collar and sleeve edgings. Only my second time doing that & it was a bit easier this time around. I have the collar and one sleeve done. It takes me about an hour and a half to pick up 60 stitches (because I fuss so much at getting them looking right) and then about 10 minutes to do the knitting. (Luckily I had plenty of time during the miserably long Braves/Astros game. 18 innings in the end? Sheesh...thank goodness it was a day game!) My hubby has tried on the vest and it fits! As a bonus it fits me too! :)

I am also knitting on the Myrtle sleeves. Doing both at the same time & about halfway done. Moss stitch is simply devouring the yarn. I hope I still have enough!

And - okay - I fess up. I started the Mango Moon kit. I initially started the boat neck pullover but about ten inches in I realized it would be heavy and ungodly hot. So I frogged that. Believe me when I tell you that recycled sari silk and mohair does not like to frog. I now knitting the ribbed cardigan. I think this will be much better. I'm not sure I have enough sari yarn though because one of the hanks was almost a complete loss due to knots. There must have been twenty knots!! I'm not exaggerating. I lost at least half the hank so I bet I will have to pick up another one. I've got the back finished and the sides cast on (doing them simultaneously) but I'm not sure how fast that knitting will progress. Despite it's many obvious, serious limitations I do like the sair silk. But for some reason (I think it's the mohair) the yarn feels a teeny bit slimey to knit with and I also have a lingering fear of hairy yarn. So I definately have to be "in the mood" to knit on this. Despite that, I would really like to get ahold of some more sari silk to knit the purse in the new Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton book - Noro Revisited. I think that is a perfect pattern for this type of yarn and would make nice gift knitting.

The Yankees just scratched out a win over the Angels so guess what I will be watching tomorrow night. I am rooting for the Angels over the Yankees but either one could win. I think the Yankees would be easier for the Cardinals to beat but wouldn't a Cardinals/Angels World Series be interesting? Two small ball clubs going at it. Woohoo! That's my kind of baseball. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home