on the needles

Friday, September 19, 2008

Stacks of Squares

Continuing with my showcase of squares, here are some photos of stacks of squares. I particularly like the first one.

Square Target Patches

Square Target Patches

I'm still enjoying this project but it is starting to reach the slightly overwhelming slog point. I'm starting to yearn for some knitting and thinking about sweaters and yummy wooly fall weather things. So I am working really hard on this crochet so I can finish before the magic wears off and I end up with a HUGE UFO pile.

Currently I've got the basis for at least three blankets, and right now I am doing some more crocheting of certain colors to "fill in" what I think the blankets need. I'm able to complete a whole sewn up four quarters patch in about a day and a half. I'd say I'm about 75% finished. That seems like a pretty good number - but when you are working on three blankets at once you realize there is still quite a ways to go. :(

At least I when I finish I will have three blankets completed "all at once". :)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

3 blankets worth, wow! I'll be lucky if I finish the one blanket I have planned. I love the squares you have been making!

6:18 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Indy is ADORABLE! Can't wait to see more great pictures! Actually, I love all the colors you are using in your squares and you have done lots of stichin'! personally, I love seeing pictures when people make squares or quilt blocks for something bigger! Great work!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

3 blankets is a huge project! They are going to be gorgeous though.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home