on the needles

Monday, September 15, 2008

So, what do you think?

So what do you, my wise readers, think about using the "blog this" function on Flickr for my blog posts? I personally think the format is a bit ugly. And, yes, it is easier than using Blogger's picture uploader thingy, but as far as I can tell the Flickr thingy only lets you post one photo at a time. That's lame. :(

Tell me what you all think though!

Also, now that we have Ravelry, do I really need the WIP's section on the sidebar of my blog? I think it's redundant and boring at this point. It doesn't really serve any function anymore. So, should I can it?

Help a blogger out yo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Annoying! Every single picture/post becomes a blogger entry. I wonder if it's more for poking around in flikr pools and blogging something you find?

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Chris, it's great for blogging a single photo, but not so great for a set of shots.

The nice thing is that it links back to the flickr page so you can find a high-res version if you want to see it larger. Maybe you can upload a higher-res version to blogger or have the smaller one on your blog link back to the original flickr page.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, for your own photos on flickr you can get the html to paste in to the blog by following the "all sizes" link on the photo page. When the photo is in your own stream I think that works better than the "blog this" link, since you can put multiple photos in one post. :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I didn't know flickr had that option, but that's not great about only one pic an entry.

I'd take the FO's off the sidebar and just have a link to your rav project page. :-)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd take 'em off the sidebar in favor of Ravelry too. Just as long as you keep your "Reading" column.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Mallow said...

I guess I'd better join Ravelry then, huh?

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home